MILITARY VETS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 6 of World Series postponed to today

Go down

Game 6 of World Series postponed to today Empty Game 6 of World Series postponed to today

Post  zhendeainia Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:32 am

Former Tiger Colby Lewis and his Texas teammates casually tossed a ball in leftfield, trying to avoid the tarp and any anxiety about being so close to the World Series championship.

On this day, the only winner was the weather.

Game 6 was postponed Wednesday because of an accurate wet forecast, wholesale jerseys from chinadelaying the Rangers' bid to clinch their first championship. Ahead, 3-2, they can close out the St. Louis Cardinals tonight. It's likely to be clear with temperatures in the low 50s at Busch Stadium.

"We're not getting antsy, we're not getting ahead of ourselves. We just have to wait," Texas manager Ron Washington said.

Lewis is set to start against Jaime Garcia. If there's a Game 7 on cheap nhl jerseys Friday night, it'll be Matt Harrison for Texas against, well, no telling. St. Louis manager Tony La Russa playfully mentioned the great Bob Gibson, but ace Chris Carpenter on three days' rest looms as a possibility.

"It's already been asked about Carp," La Russa said. "I was told by Carp that he would be ready to go."

The postponement came after a travel day. This two-day nba jerseys cheapgap is the longest at the World Series since 1989, when a Bay Area earthquake left the A's and Giants idle 11 days.

"It's just a rainout, that's it," Texas' Michael Young said. NFL Jerseys Cheap"I don't know if people think we're going to sit in our hotel rooms all night biting our nails."

Major League Baseball announced the decision about 41/2 hours before the first pitch.

Awards: Sporting News released some awards: Rookie of the year -- Angels first baseman Mark Trumbo in the American League and Braves reliever Craig Kimbrel in the National League. Manager of the year -- Tampa Bay's Joe Maddon in the AL and Arizona's Kirk cheap nfl jerseys Gibson, a former Tiger, in the NL. "Our goals are on our team, and I could give two (expletive) about whether I'm manager of the year," Gibson said last month. Comeback players of the year -- St. Louis outfielder Lance Berkman in the NL and Boston outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury in the AL. Voting was done by players, managers and front-office executives.

Chicago Cubs: The team said Jed Hoyer and Jason McLeod will leave the San Diego Padres and join Theo Epstein in the Cubs' front office. Hoyer, who was GM of the Padres, will be executive vice president/general manager. McLeod, an assistant GM with Hoyer in San Diego, has been hired as senior vice president/scouting and player development. The Padres will receive a player as compensation.

zhendeainia

Back to top Go down